April 3, 2009

Go Read Something Else!

Some of you know that I've often played around with the idea of being a writer. This blog has been an exercise in finding a bit of my own voice and figuring out if I'm comfortable with putting my thoughts in the public realm (even if that realm only consists of Katharine, Karin, Eric, my mom, aunt, and grandma - and oh, yes, occasionally, Matthew [all of them]). You've all been wonderfully supportive, I must say, actually pressuring me to write more, and forcing me to dig up ideas when I didn't think I had any. So thank you for that.

Today marks my foray into the world of web publications not just read by my social circle. My very first contemporary art review was published at ArtCat Zine this afternoon, and I'm pretty proud of the result. I hope you'll check it out:

http://zine.artcat.com/contributor/anjuli_lebowitz/

I also recommend going to see the exhibition itself. It's on the way to Fairway and IKEA, and only ten blocks from me, so you really have no excuse. And the gallery is run by a Williams alumnus to boot!

No comments: